The purpose of creative strategy in brand advertising is to position the product.
Correct positioning has more effect on sales than any other step.
Positioning is placing your product uniquely in the customers mind. It is setting the product apart from its competition in the mind of the consumer.
Positioning is the result, strategy is how you get there.
What about brand Image? The image of a brand is the products personality beyond its physical characteristics.
- Clear statement – the position you wish to occupy in the consumers mind
- The essence of positioning is sacrifice – you can’t be all things to all people
- Target Audience
- Paint a three-dimensional portrait of the consumer
- Demographics are a start but go further and describe the consumers’ attitudes, personality, lifestyle etc.
- Include the competitors we must replace
- The target market is a key strategic issue. Do research
- Search for a promise of benefit to the customer
- What is the benefit of the product to the consumer?
- A good strategy always leads to a consumer promise
- A benefit on which to build the advertising
- Can you give the customer a reason to believe the promise
- A reason why can help support a product benefit
- Tone and Manner
- Search for a distinctive tone for the advertising
- Tone helps build personality
- Personality helps separate brands from their competition
- This is the area where brands are built. Make every effort to separate brands from competitors.
For more information about our work or us, visit jarvismarketing.com.au